Salsa Steak Garlic Toasts
These open-faced steak sandwiches play up the popular combo of steak and garlic bread. The salsa, sour cream and garnish elevate it into quick, satisfying meal. Substitute chopped green onions or chives for the cilantro if desired. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- Sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare garlic toast according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute steak until no longer pink, 3-5 minutes; drain. Stir in salsa; cook and stir until heated through. Serve over toast. Top with sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 garlic toast with 3/4 cup steak mixture: 375 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Steak and Salsa Toast in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018