Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 beef flat iron steak or boneless top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix 1 tablespoon butter, parsley, garlic and soy sauce.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add steak; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 4-7 minutes per side. Serve with garlic butter.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef with 2 teaspoons garlic butter: 316 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
This recipe is so good! I melted all of the butter, then added the remaining ingredients and used it as a basting sauce while we grilled the steak. The steak flavored through nicely and tasted absolutely delicious!
Jan 10, 2019
I wanted to add something special to our menu and this simple, flavorful steak was perfect! Easy way to kick an average meal up a notch!
Mar 2, 2018
This is a very good steak recipe. A keeper. Janet. VFE
Feb 15, 2018
This was a very good steak and I'm not a steak fan. My guys loved it.
Jan 23, 2018
DH cooked this steak recipe last night after I saw it posted on Facebook. We enjoyed it very much. DH used choice cut strip steak because that's what I bought. I also suggested he use some homemade ghee for cooking the steak because it does not burn like regular butter and still has the butter taste. I made the garlic butter using regular butter called for in the recipe. Will definitely add this to our keeper file.
May 8, 2017
The garlic butter on these steaks was amazing! I've never tried that before and now will keep this in mind each time we have steak. Delicious!
Jan 30, 2017
Delicious and tender sirloin. I microwaved the butter and herbs just enough to melt the butter and infuse with the garlic and herbs. Poured it over the steak.
Sep 8, 2015
I marinated steak in 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and the parsley for thirty minutes then threw the steak and butter in the skillet. Excellent!
Jul 30, 2015
So good! And so easy to make.
Jul 19, 2015
Excellent recipe for the type of steak! Will definitely make again.