Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 6 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 Muenster cheese slices (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture, cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 383 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Jan 5, 2016
Quick and easy open-faced sandwiches. I served them with the Fresh Broccoli Salad from the same issue.
May 30, 2011
We LOVE these and they are very easy to make kid friendly by making a few without peppers. Going to try grilling the steaks tonight!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.