Toasted Mexican Ravioli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen beef ravioli, thawed
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh or pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk. Mix bread crumbs and taco seasoning in a separate shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In an electric or deep skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with cheese. For sauce, in a small saucepan, heat enchilada sauce. Stir in sour cream until blended; heat through. Serve with ravioli and, if desired, jalapeno slices.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2017
Family loved these! I did over fry just a bit, going over suggested time. I will stick to recommendation next time.
Jan 27, 2017
I only made one change- I used salsa instead of the enchilada sauce- great recipe!
Sep 12, 2015
These were amazing! I will be making them again! The breading had great flavor and the sauce is simple but perfect alongside these. I served them at a party and had lots of compliments.
Aug 9, 2015
FANTASTIC!!! I really liked the breaded seasoning for the ravioli and my husband favored the dipping sauce. I will definitely be making these again.