Sage-Pecan Butternut Squash Ravioli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (18 ounces) frozen butternut squash ravioli or 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large dry skillet, toast pecans over medium-low heat 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Remove from heat; stir in cream and sage.
- Drain ravioli; add to skillet and toss to coat. Top with cheese.
Sep 11, 2014
This recipe is decent. With the sweetness of the pecans, the amount of brown sugar is just too much. Next time I make this, I will be trying ~1/4 Cup Pecans, and just adding brown sugar to taste. Otherwise, a very simple, elegant, easy-to-prepare dinner. Must use fresh sage to get the flavor to come through!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.