While visiting a friend who just moved to St. Louis, Missouri, I tried these toasted ravioli at almost every restaurant! When I got home, I had to try to replicate them, and this recipe comes pretty close. —Cristina Carrera, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen beef ravioli, thawed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Fresh minced basil and additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, or until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. If desired, immediately sprinkle with basil and cheese. Serve warm with marinara sauce.