Skewered Ravioli with Creamy Tomato Dipping Sauce
I wanted to make an easy appetizer with my favorite pasta, cheese ravioli, but didn't want the mess of frying. I used pesto and bread crumbs for a crust, and broiled them for a little crunch. —Rebecca, Guffey, Apex, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 appetizers (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 20 refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese; set aside.
- Diagonally thread two ravioli onto each of 10 soaked wooden appetizer skewers; brush both sides with pesto. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marinara sauce and cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve with ravioli.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer with 2 tablespoons sauce: 114 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Quick Ravioli Skewers with Creamy Tomato Dipping Sauce in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.