Ravioli Appetizer Pops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Oil for frying
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 42 lollipop sticks
- Warm marinara sauce and prepared pesto
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large electric or cast-iron skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, immediately sprinkle with cheese. Carefully insert a lollipop stick into back of each ravioli. Serve warm with marinara sauce and pesto.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer (calculated without marinara sauce and pesto): 32 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 26, 2017
We really enjoyed these! I omitted the red pepper flakes since my little one can't handle the heat. I ended up ditching the sticks for mine but my daughter loved the idea of eating a ravioli this way!! I love that no seasoning mixes were used but rather my own spices!
Aug 19, 2017
Very nice little appetizer * Goes together very quickly. I used packaged Tortellini as that is what I had on hand. I pre cooked the dried pasta for just a few minutes to soften up. That aids in making the coating stick to the pasta.. I also added a small slice of Grape Tomato to each speared crispy fried Tortellini. I have made very similar recipes before and it has always been a winner. I have served them with both spaghetti and pizza sauce. Both are very good.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.