Colorful Beef Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beef, pepper and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in 2 teaspoons oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute the onion and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the red peppers, wine and remaining soy sauce; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread ranch dressing over one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and green onions. Spoon about 3/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2013
This was delicious. My husband and I enjoyed this wrap. I made homemade soup and this as a sandwich on the side. Will definitely make this again.
Feb 17, 2012
My whole family enjoyed these! Very good!
May 18, 2010
These are restaurant quality. I used caesar salad dressing because that's what I had in the house, and I don't think I noticed a difference. They are super quick to make. They reminded me of soft tacos but this recipe had less sodium than the taco sauce I usually use, and I think these tasted far better. Will be making this recipe many more times to come. Thanks for sharing!