Indian-Spiced Beefy Lettuce Wraps
I love Indian flavors. I almost always have coconut milk, a jar of mango chutney in my pantry, and garam massala seasoning. When I am short on time, but want something with spectacular flavor, this is one of my go-tos. Want to go more Asian with this - use hoisen sauce (another pantry staple for me) in place of the mango chutney, and five spice powder in place of the garam massala.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 package (12.70 ounces) Asian crunch salad mix
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in chutney, soy sauce and garam marsala; heat through. Add salad mix (reserve packets for later use); cook and stir until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk and dressing packet until smooth. Spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves; sprinkle with contents from toppings packet. Drizzle with coconut milk mixture and top with mango.