Toasted Corned Beef Sandwiches
I found this quick and easy recipe in one of my old cookbooks years ago. It's a standby on a hot summer day.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked corned beef
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spread over two slices of bread. Top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 480 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as CORNED BEEF PUMPERNICKEL TOASTED SANDWICHS in Reminisce Extra March 2011