Garlic Bread Mini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, garlic powder and onion powder until blended. In another bowl, toss Colby-Monterey Jack cheese with Italian cheese blend.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough; press perforations to seal. Roll dough to a 12x8-in. rectangle; cut dough lengthwise in half.
- Spread each 12x4-in. rectangle with half of the cream cheese mixture to within 1/4-in. of edges. Sprinkle each with half of the combined cheeses; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal. Cut rolls into 1-in. slices.
- Place beaten egg and Parmesan cheese in separate shallow bowls. Dip a cut side of each slice in egg, then in Parmesan cheese; place slices in greased mini muffin cups, cheese side up.
- Bake until golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 94 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 16, 2017
Super quick and easy appetizer. Simple to put together and gives you time to get other things done while you let these bake! This "bread" muffin recipe went really well with a pasta dish I made.
Jan 21, 2017
Couldn't find refrigerated breadsticks, so I made my own. Then proceeded with the recipe. Delicious! Will make again.