Herbed Cheese Sticks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 cheese sticks
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix pizza dough according to package directions, adding garlic powder to dry mix. Cover; let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead dough 4-5 times or until easy to handle. On a greased baking sheet, press dough into an 8-in. square. Brush top with oil; sprinkle with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut in half; cut each half crosswise into eight strips. Serve with pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cheese stick (calculated without pizza sauce): 72 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 30, 2018
My boyfriend and I love these though here we call them pizza fries. They are so good . I just got the ingredients to make them for dinner tonight.
Mar 10, 2018
Like other reviewers, I used refrigerated pizza dough (off brand), placed into a 9" x 9" pan (greased) and baked for the time listed on the dough package. Served with marinara sauce...yum! Easy and quick!
Feb 3, 2018
I made these last night with the Contest Winning Pepperoni Pizza Chili recipe.(also from TOH:) super good!!!
Apr 27, 2017
Easy to do and flavorable.
Feb 27, 2017
Baked in a 9x9 pan. Easy and disappeared quickly. Will make a double batch next time.
Feb 21, 2017
In my high school cafeteria they called this "Double Cheese Surprise" and it was EVERYONE'S favorite. This recipe reminds me of it so much and is just as good as it ever was. Perfect for an appetizer before the big game, or an easy dinner for the kids. Quick to make, but always a hit. Usually serve with marinara sauce and ranch dipping sauce.
Feb 19, 2017
We made this as one of the selections for our recent appetizer night. Really loved them and will be making them again.
Dec 31, 2013
Amazing! My husband, who is not a big fan of any breadsticks, loved this recipe. We will definitely be making this again. I make my own pizza crust which yeilds 2 pizzas. Instead of making the second pizza, I added the garlic, a small amount of spaghetti seasoning and parmesan to the dough. I worked in the spices then rolled into the pan and topped with cheeses and spice. It worked great, though I did bake it a few minutes longer.
Nov 20, 2013
this is cool im going home and trying it
Nov 4, 2013
Really good! I also used the refrigerated pizza dough instead of a pizza mix. Was really cheesy and tasted great with the Pizza Soup recipe from TOH.