- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Additional melted butter
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl. Add 11/2 cups of flour, salt, milk and butter. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down; shape into loaves. Place in two greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Brush tops with melted butter.
1 slice: 69 calories, 1g fat, 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 2g protein.