Mini Banana Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 13, 2011
My family enjoyed this recipe.
Oct 15, 2010
I love this recipe. It is very tasty. I increased the ingredients accordingly for a 7" loaf pan and it is just as good.
Mar 8, 2009
Double the recipe then.
Feb 3, 2008
Is this recipe for one loaf??I need one for more than one..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.