Mini French Loaves
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes6 mini loaves
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, seasonings, cheeses and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Roll up from long side; seal well. Cut each into three 5-in. loaves; seal ends. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush loaves with water. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes With a very sharp knife, make three shallow diagonal cuts across top. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack Brush with butter.
Jan 30, 2013
We love having these at home but I make these and sell at the Farmer's Market. They always sell out.
Dec 12, 2011
I made these to make meatball subs. These are awesome even by themselves.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.