Deluxe Ham Omelet
Ham, vegetables and two cheeses are what make this omelet deluxe. It's a hearty meal for one or two.—Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, cream, chives, garlic salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon the ham, green pepper, tomato and mushrooms over one side; on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 356mg cholesterol, 1080mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Deluxe Ham Omelet in Taste of Home April/May 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.