Block Party Beans
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 25 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion and celery; cook, uncovered, until tender. Stir in the soup, tomato paste and ketchup; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon into a large roaster. Stir in the beans, brown sugar and mustard. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 150 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2015
I learned this recipe from a family friend and instead of two lbs of ground beef,try 1 lb of ground beef and 1 tube of Jimmie Dean Sausage (I use Sage but you can whatever suits your family), I promise you won't be sorry!!
Nov 25, 2014
Loved this one!
Dec 31, 2011
I first made this many years ago for a large family gathering. It was in a sample Reminisce magazine I got in the mail. It is so good; everyone raves about it and yet it is not at all difficult to make. A real winner.
Aug 8, 2011
I made this yesterday again. It is a really great recipe for a large crowd, that really sticks to you stomach. Makes a lot of food for a big crowd. Yummy. Two thumbs up!
Jul 3, 2010
I love this recipe. I get compliments every time I make it. I add sausage and it gives it great flavor.
Jul 23, 2008
i had this recipe 13 years ago and lost it,now thanks to the computer age i was able to find it again.this is a great dish for hungry people at picnics and parties. i also added cooked crumbled bacon and molassass to the sause and it was great for a change.......i love this dish