Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (about 8 to 10 large) or 4 cups prepared instant potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, chives and garlic powder. Turn into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Combine bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes. Top with cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 207 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
when do you add the cream cheese? It' not mentioned in the instructions
Jan 22, 2017
Good stuff, my hubby loved them...it's a keeper
Dec 30, 2016
Awesome! I did use garlic instant potatoes and added a little more garlic. Fresh chives are best in this one!
May 15, 2016
Good, but a little to much of a sour cream taste for us.
May 10, 2016
yet another tasty looking yummy heartwarming side. oh yah, I'll be making this for a family gathering soon. I'll be bumping up the spices however as this family likes biiiig flavors, thanks for sharing.
Apr 29, 2015
This was a good recipe.
Mar 13, 2015
Always a favorite, and so nice to have mashed potatoes prepped before the meal. Never was a fan of mashing them right before eating when I'm trying to get everything else done and on the table.
Nov 10, 2014
Could you put this in a crockpot instead of baking?
Nov 6, 2014
I've always made these with a container of sour cream and chive chip dip and then cheddar cheese on top. Great and very easy!
Nov 2, 2014
This was delicious. At the suggestion of others, I omitted the bread topping, but I used all the other ingredients. I didn't see a reason to bake it so long, so I tried it for 40 minutes and it was fine. I think that it would be good to add the shredded cheddar on top then put it back in the oven for a couple of minutes. My cheese didn't really melt even though I put it on right after removing the dish from the oven.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.