- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Dot with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for French Toast Casserole
Sort By :
"We were expecting a family guest for the weekend, and I came across this recipe. Because of the advance prep, I decided to make and refrigerate it before she arrived. It worked out perfectly because in the morning, all I had to do was pop it into the oven leaving plenty of time to wake up (and catch up) over coffee. It was a big hit to and she left with the recipe!"
"First recipe I've made from Taste of Home that I could not recommend, nor will make again...extremely bland. I have a couple of other recipes that are much better and just as simple; guess I'll stick to those!"
"Easy, fuss-free breakfast! I made this at night, substituting 1/2 cup of heavy cream for 1/2 cup of the overall milk. I also added a cup of frozen fruit I had in my freezer, (strawberries, pineapple, papaya, and mango) and it added a great island feel! I do agree that the cover needs to be taken off at the end of the baking, just to add some crunch to the dish."
"Really enjoyed your recipe, was just like having a piece of cinnamon sugar toast."
"Super easy to make! I followed others' suggestions and used less liquid , left it overnight in a plastic bag and removed the foil for about ten minutes to crisp the top. A big hit with the family!"