Dulce de Leche French Toast Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup dulce de leche
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place Texas toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Cool.
- Arrange half of the toast in a single layer in a greased 8-in. square baking dish, trimming to fit into dish if necessary. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and dulce de leche; spread over toast. Top with remaining toast.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over toast. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans; spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 551 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 8, 2019
I gave 4 stars because I haven't tasted
Dec 25, 2016
This was very good, but also very sweet. I used a 9x9 pan because an 8x8 seemed way too small. It still overflowed a little while baking, so be sure to put something under it. It was a good breakfast to have on Christmas morning, but not something I would make regularly.