Wild Rice Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 2-1/4 hours Bake: 25 min.
- Turkey giblets
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Remove liver from giblets if desired. Place giblets and water in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; add to rice. Drain and dice giblets. Stir stuffing, broth and giblets into rice.
- Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 12, 2013
Do not bake too long--tends to be dry.
Nov 21, 2012
Always get rave reviews with this side dish at our Thanksgiving table (made without the giblets). Even people that don't like stuffing go back for seconds with this recipe.
Nov 13, 2012
This was easy and delicious. Next time I think I will add more bread cubes...Great flavor!!
May 9, 2010
I skip the first step with the turkey giblets. I do not use them at all. The recipe is very easy to make and tastes very good. I probably make it 4 times a year with or without turkey as the main course. For Thanksgiving, I usually make it with Herbed Turkey Breast, another great recipe from Taste of Home.
Dec 31, 2008
To suit our tastes, I skip the first part with the giblets and cube 3/4 of a loaf of white bread instead of the crushed seasoned stuffing. In my opinion, there is enough salt with the broth and long grain and wild rice mix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.