Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado
We eat a power salad packed with salmon and spinach at least once a week. It’s a cinch to make, even after a hard day’s work. —Jenny Dawson, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or pepitas (salted pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets, skin side up; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach with vinaigrette; divide between 2 plates. Place salmon over spinach; top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 386 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.