Creamy Reuben Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, corned beef, sour cream, onion and garlic.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Mar 4, 2018
Made as directed. It was just OK. I had thousand island dressing on the side which made it taste more like a Rueben.
Nov 4, 2016
This was FANTASTIC! Reuben is my favorite sandwich but this casserole is a great dish to throw together. It's very comforting and my kids even loved it!
May 26, 2015
Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped
Mar 20, 2013
I made this with leftover corned beef after St. Pat's Day. It was yummy. It does have a lot of fat though.
Apr 6, 2011
Very good. It doesn't taste like a Reuben sandwich. It has a flavor that is all it's own that is equally delicious.
Feb 18, 2011
I've made this and everyone who has had it loves it.
Mar 21, 2010
This is a big hit with my family. We made it for the first time last year after St. Pats day and it was requested again this year. I buy at least 2 corned beef so we have enough for sandwiches and this casserole.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.