Reuben Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 pound sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 slices day-old light rye bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, soup, milk, onion and mustard.
- Drain noodles; stir into sauerkraut mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with corned beef and cheese.
- Place bread in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 621 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 3130mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Feb 11, 2018
Made this and 1/2’d it for my son who really liked it. I did use a regular corned beef that I cooked in the insta pot . I will make it again
Mar 17, 2014
This casserole is delicious! I cut the recipe in half, baked it in a 9x9-inch pan and served Thousand Island dressing on the side. My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again.
Mar 17, 2014
Delicious and fun alternative to corned beef and cabbage. My husband and I really liked it a lot. The kids enjoyed it too.
Feb 12, 2014
This was very good. I used left over corned beef that I had at dinner. I also used 1000 island dressing in it. It was very easy to make. I also mixed everything together,sauce and meat.
Feb 2, 2014
Made this last month,everyone loved it. Doubled recipe.and cooked a corn beef day before ,used that. NOT DELI type. Everything is mixed together. noodles, sauce, meat. I had thousand Island dressing on side if you want. My kids told people at work about it, they wanted recipe.
Mar 24, 2012
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes! I do not care for reubens so this rating is based on his tastes lol.
Mar 22, 2012
Made only 1/2 of the recipe. I was able to fit it in a 9x9 pan but it is very good. I shared it with several neighbors and they enjoyed it as well. Definitely a nice change but would reduce the mustard.
Feb 13, 2012
I did not like this recipe. I made it exact and we thought it was terrible. Too much noodles and too much mustard. Why did it not call for any thousand island dressing??? I will stick to the actual Reuben sandwich from now on! My son took one bite and dry heaved and spit it out and he loves all food. Sorry its not for us.
Mar 24, 2011
Excellent, my family loves! Tastes just like the sandwich, especially if you add a squirt of Thousand Island dressing to each serving.
Mar 9, 2011
Good, not great. Next time will add some thousand island dressing. Thanks.