Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, picante sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 408 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1311mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 10g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 2 starch.
Sep 20, 2015
I didn't care much for this recipe. In my opinion the picante sauce took over as well as made the chili soupy.
Jul 5, 2013
I love chili and trying out different chili recipes. This by far is one of my favorite chili recipes! So easy to put together and has great flavor.
Jun 13, 2013
A nice and easy crock pot chili that everyone enjoyed. We will be making this again!
Oct 16, 2012
I made this last Sunday, went over extremly well. I didn't put it in the slow cooker though, I didnt have that kind of time. I simmered it on the stove for about an hour. I also added some Macaroni noodles to it...jvery good, will make it again.
Jul 23, 2012
We pile our chili high with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream, then scoop the perfect bite onto a corn chip. The entire family loves this dish. We make it nearly every month! It's got a great flavor and it's a fantastic way to sneak a few vegetables into the kids.
Apr 30, 2012
I served this for dinner, tripled the recipe and added three variety of beans, three different picante sauces, Most everyone took an additional serving, and I sent some home with two people. Great flavor!
Feb 10, 2011
Can't beat the quick & easy prep of this recipe. My entire family, including a very picky 4 year old, thoroughly enjoyed this dish. It will be on my meal plan rotation!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.