Main-dish salads are so perfect for summer, especially this one with its Asian-inspired dressing—my favorite's favorite flavor. The colorful slaw and juicy steak combo is super quick and wonderful for breezy weeknight dinners. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Grated lime peel, optional
- For dressing, place first four ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup dressing for slaw. Brush remaining dressing onto both sides of steak; let stand while preparing slaw.
- Place coleslaw mix, mango, edamame, radishes, cilantro and green onion in a large bowl. Toss with reserved dressing.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 5-7 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with slaw. If desired, sprinkle with lime peel. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Slaw with Steak in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017