Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 smoked boneless pork chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with sweet potatoes. Combine brown sugar and pepper; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Top with apples; drizzle with apple juice.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes(2)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe....simple ingredients with excellent results...my husband raved about this...only addition I used was a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!!!
My husband said that his plate looked like something out of a magazine, the colors were beautiful! The pork chops were tender and the sweet potatoes were delicious! I served warm homemade applesauce and turnips and fresh green beans also. Very tasty!