Green Chili Chops with Sweet Potatoes
It takes only a few minutes to combine the ingredients in a slow cooker, and you'll have a filling, healthy dinner waiting for you at the end of the day. We like to serve it with fresh-baked garlic bread. —Marina Ashworth, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes, onion, green pepper, corn, salt and pepper. Top with pork chops. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce, sour cream and teriyaki sauce; pour over meat.
- Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 495 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Chops and Yams in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Jan 25, 2019
I like this as a slow cooker meal. The chops were tender. And I don't like sweet potatoes but I liked them in this recipe. I did brown the chops before I put them in the crock pot.