Slow-Cooked Short Ribs Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add ribs in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown ribs in butter.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Short Ribs(14)
Sort By :
My Husband already wants me to make this again - BIG hit!
How was this possible that this was rated 4.5 stars? It was very tart.....
Excellent flavor. My husband was impressed (and that's saying alot for him). I will end up making this alot. Easy to make. I followed the directions exactly. Thank you.
I love this recipe. I've made it at least 6 times now. It's one of my favorites. I found this recipe in a 2000 T.O.H books. It's a keeper.
Now I would like to make a comment to your April 16, 2011 reviewer "Your Worst Critic".
First it seems like you had a bad day? You used very distasteful verbage. Most critics are mindful on how they phrase things. They critique what they don't like w/o offending people. Stop being imprudent. Most people watch what they eat so that they can have a delicous meal like this once in a while.
Thank you Pam for this recipe.
Made this exactly as written except slow cooked for 7 hours. Meat was very tender (perfect infact) but there was a tangy taste that I didn't care for, maybe too much vinegar. It wasn't bad but I won't make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Ribs >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Ribs >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >