Reuben Crescent Bake Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Layer with half of the cheese and all of the corned beef. Combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread over beef. Top with remaining cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake 12-16 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Crescent Bake(23)
Sort By :
I only used the bottom layer of crescent rolls and I also added a cup of thousand islands and drizzled on top upon serving and it was amazing. Used about 1/2 lb of boars head corned beef and 3/4 lb of swiss cheese since we love cheese!!!! I would say the key is more dressing less bread :)
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, though my husband felt he would like it to be more saucy. Next time I will just add a bit more dressing.
Yesterday (3-13-2013) I had ladies in for lunch and cards. I served this casserole and it was a huge hit. Left-over's served to hubby at dinner - another hit. This is a keeper. I served it with lime jello w/ pears and your Pistachio pudding cake - another winner. Thanks TOH!!
A friend of mine made this or close to it for her and her husband, just my Irish Luck, they didn't care for it. It's wonderful!! I do believe I want to try this with Russian dressing next and test out that flavor. Will let you know. My church ladies will love this!
One of my new favorite recipes!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >