Get a load of this: sour cream, bacon, shredded cheddar, green onions and more come together to give you all the richness of restaurant potato skins at your next picnic. —Monique Boulanger, Greenwood, Nova Scotia
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add bacon and reserved drippings; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, dressings, sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p55
Reviews for Loaded Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review