- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add bacon and reserved drippings; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, dressings, sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Potato Salad
Sort By :
Just made this today and think it's great. Nothing like the potato salad I'm used to but it's a nice change. I will make it again.
I took this to a family party, and everyone loved it. It was a bit "rich" for my personal tastes, but would be a good one to switch it up once in a while
The first time I made this I followed the recipe and it was wonderful. The next time I added a few chopped hard boiled eggs and omitted the bacon grease, which made it even better. Also followed SimpleFoods suggestion about adding the dressing to the hot potatoes. That simple step bumps up the flavor tremendously! Thanks for that suggestion!
I made the recipe as listed and it was just FANTASTIC! Wouldn't change a thing.
Very good!! Taste best if served warm. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave. I would use a little less dijon mustard next time.