- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place ham on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham and Swiss Omelet(5)
Sort By :
Give credit to those that try. I cook professionally and this omelet is a great way to start for those that are learning.
I made the omelet exactly like the recipe calls for just a few minutes ago. It is easy and simple. However I like more in an omelet than this one calls for and I personally prefer Milk instead of water mixed in with the egg. I suppose everyone likes something different or we would be dull people. I like Sliced Mushrooms and Green onions diced and sauteed in butter then set aside while I make the omelet. In a small amount of butter I cook the egg on both sides then add back the sliced mushooms and onion, the ham, and cheese flip one side of he egg over and heat through on a low heat then remove to the plate. Once in awhile I even enjoy fresh diced garden tomatoes or Plum tomatoes halved for the flavor. But that is more complicated than this cook intended. Again personal choices. If I'm making omelets for the family I have an assortment of ingredients and let each person select what they want.
I appreciate that Taste of Home has simply recipes for beginner cooks. A simply recipe for an omelet will give everyone confidence to try.
My thoughts exactly!
I'm a beginner cook and have never made an omelet before so this helped out quite a bit on technique. Lots of different takes on the omelet
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >