- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for 40-Minute Hamburger Buns
Sort By :
"I've made this three times now, my go-to bun recipe! It's fast, easy and freaking GOOD!!! My hubby/kids think I'm the best baker when I make these will pulled pork. Try them, yum!PS: This last time I even cut a couple mins off each step bc we were in such a hurry, still turned out wonderfully!"
"Made this three times now, I split the batch in half because it's just me and my girlfriend. Made slider buns, hamburger buns and hot dog buns. Delicious. I also use 100% whole wheat flour and they are still awesome. Thanks."
"Soooo delicious my family love it! great with or without egg!"
"So quick and easy to make! The rolls turned out delicious in under an hour!"
"Exactly what I was looking for! Keeper!!I can't cook/bake with egg, due to egg allergy, and yet another recipe turned out great with simply omitting the egg!Thank you for sharing your recipe!"