90-Minute Dinner Rolls
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° -130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each piece into a roll. Arrange in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2015
I have this recipe several times it is so easy and quick. I love it.
Feb 20, 2012
Excellent rolls! Easy recipe, I was a yeast novice and used this recipe to figure it out. Important to keep milk temp as directed, use a thermometer!
Dec 29, 2011
this is a very good recipe for the bread maker method. 2 1/4 teaspoons make a 1/4 oz. The taste was right on, a hit with the family.
Aug 31, 2010
I made these rolls a few weeks ago and very happy with the results! Very fast and simple, even for me! I am making them again tonight. Thank you for extra fast dinner roll recipe!
Apr 23, 2010
Quick and delicious!
Jan 28, 2010
Fluffy and light. The family loved them! Kneaded for a shorter time than 6-8 minutes.