90-Minute Dinner Rolls
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° -130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each piece into a roll. Arrange in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 15, 2015
I have this recipe several times it is so easy and quick. I love it.
Feb 20, 2012
Excellent rolls! Easy recipe, I was a yeast novice and used this recipe to figure it out. Important to keep milk temp as directed, use a thermometer!
Dec 29, 2011
this is a very good recipe for the bread maker method. 2 1/4 teaspoons make a 1/4 oz. The taste was right on, a hit with the family.
Aug 31, 2010
I made these rolls a few weeks ago and very happy with the results! Very fast and simple, even for me! I am making them again tonight. Thank you for extra fast dinner roll recipe!
Apr 23, 2010
Quick and delicious!
Jan 28, 2010
Fluffy and light. The family loved them! Kneaded for a shorter time than 6-8 minutes.