Overnight Refrigerator Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 25, 2014
Jan 28, 2013
Excellent recipe! I have tried the recipe as is and also using all butter. The 'all butter' version is preferred. This recipe is especially great when expecting company; it is quick and easy to prepare at bedtime and the next day there is no mess to serve rolls hot out of the oven.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.