Extra-Quick Yeast Rolls
Making homemade rolls usually takes a lot of ingredients and time, but this recipe makes it so simple. They come together quickly and they freeze well too.—Eleanor Paine, Junction City, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir in biscuit mix and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Divide and shape dough into 24 small balls. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 54 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Extra-Quick Yeast Rolls in Country Woman November/December 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.