"Being a frugal mom, I feed my family creative foods on a budget," writes Sharon Strouse from Millersburg, Ohio. "This is favorite of our four children and a great way to use up left-over hamburger buns. It's also a big hit when we're camping."
Recommended: Top 10 Brunch Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 day-old hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Dip both sides of each bun into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the syrup and dried fruit; cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with French Toasted buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as French Toasted Buns in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p43
Reviews forFrench Toasted Buns
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2011
"We used bread instead of buns and left out the fruit. But this is the best french toast I have ever had!"