Paul Bunyan Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 thin onion slices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 3 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Transfer to a large bowl with a slotted spoon; add bacon.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, salt, pepper and horseradish; sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Divide bacon mixture among three patties. Top with a cheese slice; fold in corners of cheese. Top with remaining patties; seal edges.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes a side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 797 calories, 55g fat (22g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 1653mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 46g protein.
Aug 11, 2014
Amazing burger! I used deli American cheese and substituted for turkey bacon instead.
Jul 6, 2013
Wow, these were so good. I used portabello mushrooms and they were so moist and delicious. They were huge, I cut them in 1/2 and they were still a lot to eat.
Dec 14, 2012
This is the best new burger recipe we have tried in a long time. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms so we left those out. Great recipe!
Aug 1, 2012
While I was making these, I kept thinking, the end result had better be worth it because they are rather time consuming and messy. Just bit into one and yes it was well worth it. They taste amazing. I used sliced baby bella mushrooms because they are meatier and I didn't feel like lighting the grill so I broiled mine on high for 5 minutes each side.
Jul 8, 2012
We thought this was especially good! I added a little garlic powder and garlic salt instead of plain salt. A treat! I also spread some BBQ sauce on top as I was grilling.
May 28, 2012
i was looking forward to making this and it turned out just ok
Oct 13, 2011
The BEST burger recipe. I didn't have bacon so I left that out and added 2 gloves of garlic. Thanks for the recipe.
Jul 10, 2011
I've already made this 3 times in the past 2 weeks to share with other people! AWESOME burgers!
Jun 17, 2011
Made these last night. They are ausome!!! My husband never likes to try new things. We had company over so he was forced to eat them. He couldn't get over how good they were. YIPPY The only thing I did differnet was made them in the morning, wrapped each one in clear wrap and cooked them on the grill that night and used different cheese. I think letting them sit like that let the flavors really blend. My Husband wants to have company over again and make them again.
Jun 16, 2011
I would double it when I make it for my friends,myself could only eat onei could only eat one