- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, lemon peel, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forZucchini Nut Bread
"Absolutely delicious! My whole family loves this bread."
"This is basically the recipe I've used for years. Everyone who has tasted my zucchini bread wanted more. The addition of lemon peel is new to me."
"I exchanged for Splenda brown sugar and used olive oil instead of vegetable had no lemon zest. It tasted wonderful. Will be using again"
"I used 9x5" pans so cooked a few minutes less. This is a really good recipe, like the addition of lemon, and it did turn out with a nice texture. It will replace my old recipe, I like this much better."
"Best zucchini bread ever! I make it without nuts for my kids. I almost always use lemon extract instead of the zest because I usually don't have a lemon on hand."
"I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm required to rate it. But, I will say this: If this zucchini bread tastes anything like my aunt's I'm going to love it."