White Bean Crostini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sliced ripe olives and additional fresh thyme, optional
- In a food processor, combine the beans, 1/4 cup oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add olives and thyme; process until blended.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon bean mixture. Garnish with olives and thyme if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 26, 2014
Made this for a Christmas Eve appetizer and it was well received; however, the garlic was a tad too strong. If I make it again, I will use roasted garlic.
Dec 28, 2011
Excellent appetizer. My husband loved it and that's saying a lot!!
Jul 26, 2011
I dislike beans, but this tasty appetizer is a winner! Very tasty and easy to make.