Roasted Grape Crostini
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 3 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 24 slices French bread baguette (cut diagonally 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shaved Manchego or Romano cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss first five ingredients; spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until grapes are lightly browned and softened, 30-35 minutes. Stir in orange zest.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Top with warm grape mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 52 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 13, 2019
This was so delicious! My husband was skeptical when I showed him the recipe as he is not a big fan of fruit, but he devoured them and asked that I pu them into regular “rotation”. I will definitely make these again.
Nov 14, 2017
My husband and I thought that this recipe was absolutely amazing! Since I didn't have any fresh basil on hand, I substituted my homemade pesto, which worked just as well. A new favorite and something I'll be making often!