Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 16 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons oil and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice and remaining oil; spread over toast. Top each with a basil leaf, tomato, pesto and a piece of bacon. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 148 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 26, 2012
Sorry for the rating, but it's basically the same as the BLT tomatoes everyone does except on french bread. Looking for something original....
Feb 19, 2012
These are awsome....totally delicious. I made my own pesto sauce which is very easy. The only thing I will do different next time is to cut up the bacon and sun-dried tomato into 2 to 3 sections so that it is easier to take a bite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.