Sweet Potato Crostini
For party time, I turn this sweet potato side dish into an appetizer by serving it on slices of a French baguette. — Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven; preheat broiler.
- Mix sweet potatoes, pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread over toasts. Top with marshmallows, pressing lightly. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until marshmallows are lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.