Cranberry-Fig Goat Cheese Crostini
The blend of flavors in the crostini make an absolutely scrumptious appetizer.—Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 7 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- CRANBERRY-FIG TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup coarsely dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) spreadable goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; toss to coat. In another bowl, beat the goat cheese, lemon zest and pepper until blended.
- To serve, spread goat cheese mixture over toasts. Stir cranberry mixture; spoon over tops. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition Facts1 crostini: 109 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Goat Cheese Crostini with Cranberry-Fig-Olive Topping and Balsamic-Honey Drizzle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.