Cranberry-Fig Goat Cheese Crostini
The blend of flavors in the crostini make an absolutely scrumptious appetizer.—Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 7 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- CRANBERRY-FIG TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup coarsely dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) spreadable goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; toss to coat. In another bowl, beat the goat cheese, lemon zest and pepper until blended.
- To serve, spread goat cheese mixture over toasts. Stir cranberry mixture; spoon over tops. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition Facts1 crostini: 109 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.