Sweet Potato Corn Bread
This corn bread bakes to a deep golden color with flecks of sweet potato visible. It looks a s good as it tastes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-2/3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and sweet potatoes. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 267 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Corn Bread in Country Extra September 2004