Pomegranate Pistachio Crostini
Pomegranate seeds intrigued me, so I sliced French bread, smeared it with cream cheese and added seeds, pistachios and chocolate. That’s how you make crostini for the holidays. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with butter. Bake until lightly toasted, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, orange juice and honey until blended; spread over toasts. Top with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 44 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pomegranate Pistachio Crostini in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.