Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or pecans
- 1/2 cup green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and confectioners' sugar until blended (mixture will clump together). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract and food coloring.
- Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in colored sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 117 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 19, 2012
My family loved this cookie. It was the perfect cookie to munch with coffee or milk. Rather than rolling to cookie dough in 1/2 cup colored sugar, I used 1/4 granulated sugar and mixed it with 1/4 cup green colored sugar. It came out perfect to us.
Dec 28, 2010
made these cookies for our annual cookie swap, and everyone raved about them! I didn't have green colored sugar on hand, but I dusted them with powdered sugar and they turned out wonderful. this is a keeper in my recipe collection.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.