Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or pecans
- 1/2 cup green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and confectioners' sugar until blended (mixture will clump together). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract and food coloring.
- Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in colored sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 117 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 19, 2012
My family loved this cookie. It was the perfect cookie to munch with coffee or milk. Rather than rolling to cookie dough in 1/2 cup colored sugar, I used 1/4 granulated sugar and mixed it with 1/4 cup green colored sugar. It came out perfect to us.
Dec 28, 2010
made these cookies for our annual cookie swap, and everyone raved about them! I didn't have green colored sugar on hand, but I dusted them with powdered sugar and they turned out wonderful. this is a keeper in my recipe collection.