Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the almond paste and sugars until crumbly. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to almond mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place pine nuts in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, with greased hands, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into pine nuts. Place cookies nut side up 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on baking sheets before carefully removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.