Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pineapple and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Press down lightly. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 116 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 5, 2010
These cookies were not too bad. I substituted cocoanut for the nuts as our school is a nut free enviroment, but they are nice and moist.
Apr 27, 2010
I used Splenda instead of white sugar. This recipe was even better than I expected. My cookies turned out puffier than the ones pictured, a little like biscuits, and everyone loved them!